Anthony offers professional, sensitive psychotherapy tailored to meet your unique needs. He provides both short and long term psychotherapy utilizing a variety of treament methods. Treatment may be short-term (six months or less) or long-term depending upon the complexity of your recovery needs and ability to invest in your treatment.
Anthony has 12 years of experience helping clients with realationship difficulties, anxiety disorders, anger managment problems, depression,low self-esteem, trauma, and many other issues. He assists each person in developing a life worth living and in coping more effectively with the psychological distress that can impede one's ability to live a satisfying life.
Anxiety symptoms and disoders are common in medical and mental health settings. The disorder typically persists for years and can contribute to significant psychological distress which interferes with one’s quality of life. Individuals suffering from an anxiety disorder have developed a maladaptive way of thinking about situations that causes them to excessively worry about what may happen, feel helpless and lack a sense of personal control, and interpret life events from a lens of intense fear or danger. The prognosis for anxiety disoders is good with a combination of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. Anthony uses cognitive behaviroal therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy to yield positive treatment outcomes for those suffering from these disorders.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Excessive anxiety and worry about a number of events or activities such as work or school performanc
- Diifficulty controlling worry
- Restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Difficulty concentrating or mind going blank
- Irritability and muscle tension
- Sleep disturbance (difficulty falling or staying asleep, or restless unsatisfying sleep)
- The anxiety, worry, or physical symptoms cause significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning